How to Train Your Dragon
Hello Guest! Welcome to the site. Please log in before doing anything! If you're not a member, please register! Thanks!
How to Train Your Dragon
Hello Guest! Welcome to the site. Please log in before doing anything! If you're not a member, please register! Thanks!
How to Train Your Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OC site for those fans of Berk. Roleplay as a rider or as a dragon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magma Forge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MiniKirby123
Level 1
Level 1

Magma Forge Empty
PostSubject: Magma Forge   Magma Forge EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Magma Forge

Magma Forge Ember_dragon_by_isismasshiro-d4tgo65

Species Name: Magma Forge
Discovered By: A ship which was whipped onto a volcanic island in a bad storm.
Trainability: Trainable, but extremely difficult due to their volatile personalities and lack of trust.
Rarity: Level 4 (Extremely uncommon)
Class: Stoker
Appearance of Adult:
Approximate Weight: 200 - 250 lbs
Approximate Size: Head to tail: approx 12 feet, From paw to horn tip: approx 8 - 9 feet
Approximate Wingspan: Approx. 19 feet
Scale Color and Description: Their scales are as tough as armor, and are as black as obsidian. However, there are several small rivulets along their scales that pulse red.
Build: Strong, with wings that can lift their bodies with one flap. The males and females are about the same, except for the fact that the females are only slightly less strong.
Other: Atop their head sits a set of horns, pointed enough to pierce flesh. It is not unusual to find males with cracked or splintered horns, as they use them to fight others for territory and breeding rights. The age of a Magma Forge dragon can be judged from their horn length - the longer the horn the older the dragon. During mating season, the males have a pulsing amber blast along their undersides, which is where they earned their name - their appearances make them seem as if they were born within the very bowels of the Earth. Their eyes glow with the hell fire of the Earth, and their wings have hook talons on the joint. Their tales are strong enough to snap bones and legs, and the females are fiercely protective of their children.
Appearance of baby to juvenile:
Approximate Weight: Baby: Approx 50 - 10, Juvenile: can range from 70 - 150 lbs, depending on age
Approximate Size: head to tail: 5-7 feet, Front paw to head: Approx 4-5 feet.
Approximate Wingspan: Approx 10 feet
Scale Color and Description: They are slightly lighter then their parents, and have not developed yet the rivulets and colour markings.
Build: They are thinner and comparatively weaker then their parents.
Other: The young Magma Forge dragons do not have horns or the distinctive markings, and are better fliers than their parents because they need to be. Their claws are shorter, and they have a slightly lighter scale colour then their parents, ranging from blue undertones to purple undertones. They have paler eyes, and newborns are often born with white ones.
Personality:
Likes: Magma Forge dragons love the heat. They never get burned, and they seem to be rejuvenated by the hot temperatures. They enjoy eating any type of meat that they can get their hands on - the more burnt and blackened the better. They adore fires, and the mothers often breathe such flames onto their children when they are in the eggs.
Dislikes: They hate the cold. This can make them sluggish, weak, and vulnerable which they hate. They also tend to dislike other dragons, as they are very isolated and unsociable.
Fears: Water.
Weaknesses:: They are very rash, and their underside is comparatively weak compared to the rest of their body as it is covered with chinks and cracks.
Other: Magma Forges are as volatile as their name describes. They tend to stay alone, coming together only to breed. They are never found in groups, unless it is the mother protecting her young. They are not afraid to attack, and definitely prefer fight over flight.

These dragons have a very keen eyesight, and can spy danger and such from a mile away. They rarely come out into the open, preferring to stay inside their warm, safe caves, which they are extremely territorial over. The males (and females) will fight tooth and claw if they find a strange within their cave, and these battles over territory often end up with both sides being seriously (if not fatally) injured.

They have a general distrust of humans, but if you manage to befriend them somehow, then they will stick by you for the rest of their days, and will protect you even if it means putting themselves at risk.

Attacks: Magma Forges can breathe fire. These blasts can burn and melt almost anything, and will blacken anything in their range. These flames are so hot they burn blue, and light up the dark. They also have sharp horns on their foreheads and nasty claws, which they use to ram into their enemies, often spearing them and taking them down.

Their teeth are strong, but they use it as a last resort as they can often be ripped out in battle, and they hate losing their teeth. They also possess strong tails which they use to whip the legs of an enemy, occasionally breaking them.

Special Abilities: Unless you count breathing fire, no.
Habitat:
Magma Forges are elusive by choice. They are pretty much never seen, and when they are, it is only for a brief second. They like to live within volcanoes, underground in lava springs or sometimes in caves, but you can be guaranteed that wherever they are found, it's going to be extremely hot.

"New"

------

Heh heh heh. I just joined, haven't even made a dragon yet and the first thing I do is create one. (then again though, it's fun! I may make another soon)
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Magma Forge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magma Forge   Magma Forge EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Interesting dragon this is. All I have to say is they'd be pretty difficult to ride, I mean, talk about ow
Back to top Go down
https://berk-oc-rp.rpg-board.net
MiniKirby123
Level 1
Level 1

Magma Forge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magma Forge   Magma Forge EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 am

They never burn those they love!

Nah, that's cheesy. But kind of true.

I didn't think this through, did I.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Magma Forge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magma Forge   Magma Forge EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 am

Maybe not....that's alright. I only mention because it says they're trainable, but if they're, ya know, basically on fire all the time, having one as a pet might me be so desirable...if you still want to make it though you could-this is just a suggestion-make them untrainable, because that way they wouldn't have masters of anything. But if you don't want to do that that's fine ^.^.
Back to top Go down
MiniKirby123
Level 1
Level 1

Magma Forge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magma Forge   Magma Forge EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Untrainable actually sounds really cool now that you mention it! They could just be bad ass loners. XD

But I feel like it would just be easier if this idea was scrapped. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Magma Forge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magma Forge   Magma Forge EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Awe well I liked the concept, but if you want to give up on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content