How to Train Your Dragon
Hello Guest! Welcome to the site. Please log in before doing anything! If you're not a member, please register! Thanks!
How to Train Your Dragon
Hello Guest! Welcome to the site. Please log in before doing anything! If you're not a member, please register! Thanks!
How to Train Your Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OC site for those fans of Berk. Roleplay as a rider or as a dragon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice's Failure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Ice Whisper flung herself into the air, wings beating hard as she swung through the sky. She twisted around trees and flipped through the rocks. For the first time in so long, there was a light in her eyes as she flew. Wind blasting in her face, trees swaying in the breeze, grass dancing with each beat of her wings-she loved every moment of it.

She opened her jaws, purple fire flaring in the back of her throat, and released a Plasma Blast. It shot through the air, exploding a few trees as it completed it's journey. With a smirk of glee, Ice Whisper let out a roar of joy, that resounded throughout the area.

As she was distracted, her back foot hit the top of a pine. With a gasp she tumbled forward, falling from the clear sky. She landed with a crash, slipping and sliding along as she went. She screeched and snarled as the ground ripped against her scales. She felt pain in her tail, and let out a scream of anger. Her breath caught in her throat and she couldn't breathe until she skidded to a stop just before reaching the edge of the cove.

She breathed out a huff of annoyance, she never fell like that! She desperately hoped no one had seen her failure, and shook out her wings. Pain stabbed her tail again and she whipped it around to see. With a horrid gasp, she saw that the right side of her tail flap was ripped.

The Night Fury unfolded her wings, beating them as she attempted to get into the air. But she couldn't! Instead of flying, she fell back to the ground. Fear was starting to settle in, what would she do if she couldn't fly?! How horrible!

The rip in her tail wasn't too horrible. She knew it would heal eventually, but she wouldn't be able to stand staying here for that long! She just couldn't! She let out a screech of annoyance again, her multi-colored eyes searching the woods. She would not allow herself to be seen like this.
Back to top Go down
https://berk-oc-rp.rpg-board.net
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:00 am

The sky was clear and the day warm as Jackal made his way through the woods around raven's point. He had taken a much needed day off in order to see to his languishing sword skills and really just to get away from his folks for a little while. The terrain in this area was pretty rugged and so he made his way as carefully as he could. He listened to the sounds of the wild. Birds chirping, bugs making bug style noises. His pack hung at his shoulders adding a bit of necessary weight in the form of a hearty lunch of roast lamb and some water. Along with that he had a little fishing pole as he intended to spend some time in the little cove that hid somewhere in the neighborhood.

He walked for such a long time that he began to zone out allowing his instincts to take over as he ran various sword techniques through his mind. Because of this he failed to notice the subtle shift in his environment. The birds no longer chirped, the bugs were no longer buggy, everything had taken on a stillness and yet he was oblivious to it all. Instead of paying any attention at all he was absently swinging a stick in various interesting patterns as if he was some master warrior having a very lazy battle with the wind.

At the height of his mock battle the world suddenly changed. A very loud and very unique sound passed overhead causing him to freeze in place. Ahead of him a goodly distance the forest exploded with purple fire and raw destruction. The sound was surprising and even more so the little blast of warm wind that reached him even though he was so far from the blast. Yet even that was not near so surprising as the unearthly roar coming from behind him. A shiver ran down his spine as his instincts drove him to drop to the ground.

It was a good thing too since the world above him, where he stood only moments before, erupted in a deafening display of destruction. A black shaped tumbled through the trees snapping limbs and bending trunks on it's way to the ground. It struck with enough force to shake the ground Jackal was currently laying on before sliding to a painful looking stop a few meters ahead of him.

He lay in stunned silence hidden among the debris as the dark shape unfurled. There before him arrayed in gray striping and dark scales was a dragon. It spread it's wings as if to take flight but finding an error it quickly checked it's tail. From where he lay he could not see what it discovered but judging by the way it tried in vain to fly he assumed it had damaged an important piece of itself. Then at last it gave a screech of fright as far as he could tell and the very sound of it chilled his bones.

He wanted to hide , every fiber of his being told him to hide. Here was a beast like the one that had harmed his mother. Here was a beast like he had dreamed of meeting. The conflict rushed through him in the very same moment that his body was torn between running away, fighting, and just hiding until it left.

However he did not listen to his body. Instead he promptly pushed everything aside. He could see the thing was hurt and this was of far more importance than fears and daydreams both. He stood slowly , very very slowly so as not to startle the creature. He cleared his throat just loudly enough to try to catch the creatures attention . At the same time he prepared to jump or run should the need arise.

“ Hey...er.....Dragon......stay calm now I won't hurt you.” he said aloud but in his most reassuring and calm voice “ I know you must be hurt.....i just want to see if I can help...”

Every nerve in his body tingled with fear and delight both. At any moment he could die, and yet he felt obligated to ensure this creature was ok even if it cost him his life. Yet in the back of his mind, every cruel word his mother had ever spoken about these beings floated about. His heart raced hard but he stood his ground. He would see for himself , at last, what a real wild dragon was like.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 am

(Holy bajeezus long post! xD awesomeness! And now for my pitifully short post....)

Whilst Ice Whisper was glancing about frantically when a cough sounded from a little ways away. Fear flooded her senses and blurred her vision, searching with a panicked urgency to find the source. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a human. Oh of all the creatures it could have been! She snarled to herself. It had to be a human! And a rather terrifying looking human at that, with wild hair and strange armor.

The Night Fury began to back away from the man, her eyes watching him with fierce, scared eyes. She stepped backwards quickly, only stopping when she felt her hind foot slipping off the edge of the cove. Ice turned to look, terror settling in once more. She whipped her head back around, eyes sweeping back to the man.

"Stay away beast!" She growled. Of course, he wouldn't be able to understand her, but she could try. Eyes wide with horror, she uncurled her wings again. Beating them once, she leaped into the air only to crash back to the ground in an ungraceful manner. Angrily, she clawed at the ground, glaring at the man as her wings tucked at her sides again.

Ice Whisper bared her teeth, looking about for any means of escape. Bushes barred the way, along with tall pines and fat oaks. She let out a snarl of annoyance, taking an inadvertent step backwards. She gasped as her foot felt nothing, swaying about in the air. She unfurled her wings again, in attempt to keep herself on the ground but felt herself falling.

Her tail lashed about, trying to push herself up onto the ledge. It was no use though, instead she felt herself tumbling through the air again. It was only until she was almost at the bottom when she managed to flip herself around, landing on all fours once more. She breathed out a sigh of relief, then sucked in a gasp of horror when she saw cliffs rising all around her.

"No, no!!" She cried. She bounded about the cove, leaping up the sides as she tried to jump out. Breath growing quick with terror, her head swept around as she tried to find a way out. She couldn't. Her differently colored eyes, she looked up to where she had fallen, searching for the man. She couldn't see him, but was sure he was still there. How am I going to get out of this? I can't just wait around till my tail gets better!

(Well I tried xD)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Jackal watched as the dragon looked about wildly. His heart nearly stopping when it finally caught sight of him. There was fierceness and terror in it's eyes and it was quick to back away. However it stopped suddenly, growled, and began to try to fly. This was a strange behavior jackal thought to himself until he recognized the terrain. They were at the rim of the cove. Jackal relaxed just a little finding comfort in the familiar terrain.

While the dragon searched about frantically for a means of escape jackal took the time to study it a little. He did not know much about dragons. He had only seen the few that hung around berk, and only knew one species by name. The monstrous nightmare, he would not forget it. Not what it looked like, nor it's name. He took a deep breath willing away the sadness that threatened to ruin this strange moment in his life. This was no monster this was something else, a dragon almost designed to be grace and speed. It was almost beautiful and though all dragon's made him feel just a little saddened he felt a growing sense of delight in this creature. He especially liked it's eyes. The two differing colors drew him in but it was as he thought this that another error occurred.

His heart raced as the dragon took a hesitant step back and tumbled out of sight. He ran without thinking only stopping as he neared the cliff edge. From there he made his way carefully. He dreaded what he might find and he held his breath as he peered gingerly over the edge and into the cove. At first he didn't see anything and his heart beat began to increase as butterflies filled his tummy. He edged himself out a little farther.

Then to his relief he saw a pair of differently colored eyes looking back up the way it had come. It didn't seem any worse for wear and he left out a long sigh. His beating heart began to slow as he looked about for a way to help the dragon climb out. However the sheer cliff did not provide much in the way of dragon sized climbing aids. He thought of the wound he had seen earlier, and it's failed attempts at flying. It would not be getting out of the cove anytime soon, and if it was not careful it would grow sick from infection. He shook his head. He was not strong enough to pull it out even if he could get close enough to put a rope about the creature.

….maybe if I had some help, he thought as he looked down at the dragon.

He sized it up quickly, only to realize they would need a pulley system similar to what was used to load large ships. While berk did have such equipment, they were unlikely to bring it out so far not without a hefty payment and this was beyond jackal's means. Well first things first he would see that wound healed and maybe feed this creature after this he would devise a plan for it to escape. Besides he himself was starving. He disappeared from the dragon's view and the cliff edge. He searched about a moment and finding a stout tree trunk he pulled his rope out of his bag and after tying one end to the tree he wandered back to the edge.

“ Hey..I'm coming down.” he yelled as he tossed his rope down. Then inspiration hit him and he pulled a large piece of lamb from his bag. He aimed carefully and tossed it as close as he could to the dragon. “ There eat that.”

...instead of me, he added silently as he began to climb down.

( silly butterfly XD i like your posts ^///^ )
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Ice Whisper sensed the man's presence and watching eyes, and backed away instinctively. She glared up at the edge, looking for the human. She let out a sound of fear when an odd, pale-colored vine-like material was tossed over the edge, taking a few more steps backwards. Her eyes searching for any means of escape from the cove, but she couldn't find one. Steep cliffs rose from all sides, with a small pond in the middle.

The dragon unfurled her wings, beating at the air as she tried to fly once more-but to no avail. A thump next to her revealed a chunk of meat. It was then that Ice realized how hungry she was, her tummy grumbling with famine. Glancing at the vine once more, she hungrily bit into the lamb-devouring it in a few quick bites. Above her she heard the human say something, but she didn't care to listen.

Scrabbling above reminded her of the vine, and swiftly turned to face it again. She growled when she saw the man climbing down, almost at the bottom. She snarled, baring her teeth and untucking her wings again. She whipped around, lashing her wounded tail as she leaped.

Ice Whisper landed with a quiet thud on the other side of the pond, turning once more to watch the human. It was an odd looking one, with strange hair and wild eyes. He was fairly far away from her now, though within the cove so it wasn't that much of a distance-but Ice didn't want to change that. Another growl erupted from her throat. It was a low noise, sounding much like a whisper than a growl.

(I wish I could make it longer Sad Oh wellsies)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:59 pm

The snarling below him nearly made him freeze but he continued climbing down despite this. He really did not want to die hanging on a rope like the butchers choice cuts and so he did his best to hurry the last few meters. He hopped to the ground and turned slowly hoping not to be devoured or burned by a sudden movement.

Thankfully the dragon had retreated to the far side of the pond. Jackal let out a deep sigh and wiped his forehead in relief. He heard the whisper like growl and stopped in mid movement. Maybe he had been relieved too soon. He waited a moment or two before lowering his arm.

He took his pack off and unstrapped his sword laying them both beside him. Then he fished out the rest of his lunch. He took a long drink of water and split the remaining meat in half. He took half and walked part way along the pond depositing it in a pile before returning to his own meal.

“ well dig in.” he said as he began to eat

His wolfed it down pretty fast, not having realized he was so hungry, being in fear for his life and all. When he finished he leaned back like a lazy hobo. It really wasn't too bad a day. He figured he might as well play it calm and maybe if he was good at it this dragon would actually let him fix it up.

(sorry it is so short lol )
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:25 am

Ice Whisper growled, retreating from the piece of meat that had been dropped near her. She backed away, angrily scolding herself in the process How could you you idiot! Eating something that came from the human, why would you do that? Stupid! She snarled inwardly.

Instead of eating the chunk of meat, she whipped around. Tail lashing at the air, she smacked the hunk of meat, sending it flying back towards the man. Of course, tail being ripped and all, she couldn't hit it as hard as she'd hoped, instead it landing with a splash in the pond, just near the edge but not close enough.

She padded as far from the man as she could, just by the beginning of the cliff and began to circle. Mouth open, she blasted fire onto the stone to heat it. Once she was finished, she curled up onto the hot stone, resting her chin on her front feet. Her oddly colored eyes watched the man, refusing to close until he was gone.

Why does he stay? If he wasn't here I could think straight.... She asked herself angrily, curling her lip to bare her teeth at him. Can't he tell he's not wanted?

(Tis alright, mine's pretty short too :/)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 1:35 am

He shook his head in resignation thinking what a waste it was that half his meat ended up in the pond. This dragon, he thought sure was a troublesome one. Then again as he thought of the circumstances he could hardly complain. In fact he was rather surprised he had not been attacked as most wounded animals would have done. he sat upright as a thought dawned on him. Dragons were not just ordinary animals, he had seen as much in berk.

So, why am i treating it like one?.....he thought to himself.

he pulled out the poultice his father had taught him to carry for emergencies and a few bits of cloth he had cut from an old sheet. Then he stood and began walking toward the dragon. It had made a make shift nest and this was good as it would need to rest.

" I know you dragon's can understand us. I have seen it before. taking orders and such." he declared as he got closer. " You want to fly, i want you to be able to fly, so you need to let me see to your wound."

he paused a few meters away and held out the little pouch of medicine.

" I have something that will help heal you faster...or do you want to live here for weeks and weeks?" he commented. " besides if some other person finds you they will want to keep you for themselves." he looked at the dragon with a small smile " you are not like the ones back home in the village...you are .......amazing.....let me help you...."

( lol no worries, i hope this one is ok )
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Ice Whisper was just closing her eyes when she sensed movement off to the side. Her eyes snapped open and she immediately stood when she saw the man approaching her. She raised her wings and began stepping away, tail lashing angrily. The man was talking nonsense about having something to help heal her, nothing she cared about. There was no possible way she was letting a human come anywhere near her!

She backed away, feeling her feet slip off the stone. Swiftly, she turned around and leaped off the rock, retreating from the man. She didn't care how "nice" he was acting, he was human. Nothing would change that. And nothing could change the fact about how much the Night Fury despised humans.

Ice Whisper curled her lip, watching the man with fierce eyes. "Stay away!" She snarled in a language he wouldn't understand. She didn't care. Her mind was focused on one thing and one thing only; getting as far away from the man as possible.

(Ish fine.
I was thinking we could do a timeskippy sort of thing like when Hiccup met Toothless, how he left and came back everyday and stuff. maybe?)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:18 pm

He watched the dragon's wings arch up as the creature backed away lashing it's wounded tail. It was clear by the menacing movements that his company was not desired. He took a deep breath, perhaps these creatures were better healers than he had thought. Somehow, he did not think this was the case. If anything this dragon was just stubborn. He shook his head as he smiled at the thought. In either case pushing the dragon too far would be dangerous.

He dipped his head in a very tiny half bow before he began to back away.

“ have it your way stubborn one.” he said as he made his way to his gear.

He gathered his things slowly so as not to startle the dragon. Then very cautiously he began to climb the rope. The feeling of being a choice cut entered but briefly on his way up. This dragon did not seem as if it would do any harm. Once over the cliffs edge he untied his rope and without looking back he began to make his way back home. The day was fading quickly and if he was not also quick he would find a scolding waiting for him at home. This was the one thing he could count on. In his family punctuality was required, and enforced ruthlessly.

He bounded over boulders and through dense brush. He paused only every so often to catch his breath and to ensure he was heading in the right direction. The closer he got the more he began to worry over the trail of destruction his dragon had left. He hated the thought of any other viking finding it. They would not hesitate to take it into custody. He stopped suddenly shaking his head. Since when had become so possessive he thought. It was a creature just like, well like any viking. It deserved its freedom, didn't it? He felt a not of sadness tightening his chest. Of course it deserved to be free, but he could not help but desire such a rare and beautiful dragon.

He felt crest fallen. He had always wanted to be a dragon trainer even despite how his parents felt. They were the pride of berk, even more so than warriors like his father, and for sure more than a simple handy man. He had been forbidden both the paths of glory but now was his chance. Here in the cove was a dragon and only he knew of it so far. He shook his head to banish the thoughts and then he began the last leg of his journey. He burst from the woods and made his way across the fields and cultivated land on the out skirts of town.

When he at last arrived at his home the sun had just barely gone down. He stowed his gear and made his way inside. Thankfully he had made it in time and his parents greeting was a kind one rather than a more violent one. The rest of the night was a blur. Dinner, conversation with his parents, all of it went by fast. He just could not take his mind from this dragon.

He was torn between his desire to try to tame it and his desire to help it. He tossed and turned in his bed agonizing over what to do until late into the night. Finally he decided that he would keep it's existence as secret as he could and that he himself would leave it alone. It would heal he was sure and then it would make its way into the wild and he would just forget about it.

He went to work helping one of the villagers to raise a new barn, but he was not able to concentrate the entire day. He hit himself with his hammer so many times that he was beginning to think his hands were made of nails. He nearly bashed his co workers with timber beams, tipped and stumbled, and over all made a mess of the day.

Dinner was a similar affair. He ate little, He talked little, and went to bed early. Yet he could not sleep. He tossed and turned. He thought of this or that, and overall was rather depressed. That is until he heard his parents make their way to bed. He lay still thinking himself alone in the world and generally being miserable when a sudden thought struck him.

I can just sneak out of the house......

with out further thought he rose, dressed and gathered his things. This time though he made sure to grab a lot more food, rope, and medicine, just in case. Then very carefully and quietly he made his way back to his room and out his window. He moved liked a wanna be shadow as he crept through town. He avoided all the usual drunkards and the guards. Here and there a watch dragon would take note of him but he paid them little mind. For there part they left him unmolested as he was leaving town in such a shady way rather than coming into it.

Once in the woods he made his way as quickly as he could considering how dark it was beneath the thick forest canopy. Thankfully he was used to the night time forest. He did not need to light the torch he had brought, nor did he get lost. Though it did take him a bit longer to find the cove than he had expected. He quickly tied off his rope and descended into the cove. Once on the ground he took a look around but it was much more dark than he thought it would be.

Reluctantly he lit the torch. The sudden light nearly blinding him. All the while his nerves were on end not knowing what the dragon would do with his sudden arrival.

Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Ice Whisper grumbled, watching the man as he backed away with a slight tip of the head. The dragon rose her chin, staring the man down as he gathered his belongings and left. She didn't bother wasting a plasma blast on the retreating human. He wasn't worth it. Instead she made sure he was actually gone before heating up the stone again and settling down.

Whisper closed her tired eyes after a long day, wishing for sleep. Her tail curled up around her and rested on her nose, while her wings stretched out to keep the rest of her warm. Moonlight flooded the cove, a full disc in the dark sky. Ice's ear twitched, but ignored the light. After what seemed like months, she drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

Her dreams were filled with the terrors of men, clambering all over her and chopping down the forest with their odd shiny weapons. She flinched and moved in her sleep, rolling around uncomfortably before waking in a heavy sweat. Her eyes flitted around the cliffs, searching for anything that could have woken her. Nothing.

With a shrug, she stood and shook out her scales. Blinking, she looked up at the sky. Bright light shone down from the clear blue, gazing at the ground with warm eyes. Ice Whisper sighed to herself, thinking that maybe it had all been a bad dream. But when she swung her tail around, she saw that it was still ripped. Growling to herself, she padded to the edge of the lake and crouched down.

She waited for a while, watching as fish swam past in a flash of colorful scales. She raised her front foot, waiting patiently for the perfect moment to strike. Suddenly, one of the shiny creatures swam straight in front of her and she lashed out violently. She flung the fish right out of the pond, and it landed with a plop on the ground. It flopped about for a few moments before Ice Whisper lunged and killed it with a swift bite.

The dragon picked up the dead fish and carried it off to the side. No point trying to escape from the cove with an empty stomach right? So she bit into the creature, chewing it slowly to let the flavor seep into her tongue. She smacked and licked her lips upon finishing, swallowing the last bit and standing.

She unfurled her wings, beating them against the air in another vain attempt to fly. She rose only a few feet off the ground before she came crashing down. With an annoyed huff of breath, she stomped to the lowest part of the cliff. It was still pretty high, but she could try couldn't she? Ice Whisper backed up a few paces before leaping at the side, scrabbling to get higher. She couldn't make it high enough, she really was trapped! This was awful!

Instead of giving up, the furious Night Fury leaped at the wall again. She clawed at the cliff, sending rocks and moss scattering to the bottom. It was all for naught. She knew it was futile to try, but she simply couldn't simply not! Nothing would stop her from leaving! Nothing! She let out a growl of anger as she fell back to the ground again. Perhaps there was another way out?

Tottering to the other side of the clearing, she pounced at another side of the cliff. Once again, she fell back to the bottom. Her feet had barely grazed the top! Why was this so impossible? Why did this cove even exist?! Why me?! She wondered angrily, gazing up around the cove. Her oddly colored eyes searched for even the smallest possibility, but she found none.

Defeated as the sun's rays began to leave the clearing, she strolled silently to the flatrock again. She blasted the stone with purple fire before curling up on the warmed rock again, just as the sun went below the sky. The Night Fury was just closing her eyes when the sound of feet against stone caught her attention, along with a blast of light.

Immediately, Ice Whisper leaped to her feet. "Who's there?!" She demanded furiously, letting her eyes scan the cove. They found only the source of the light, well, where it was. It was so bright she couldn't see what it was, though she could guess. It's that man again! I'm certain! She growled to herself, backing up to where the cliff met the ground.

She parted her jaws, letting the fire build up in her throat as she prepared to launch a Plasma Blast. When she fired it, it shot to the left of the man, slamming into the cliff face with a loud burst along with a lot of broken rocks. She meant to miss, merely wishing to warn the man away. It probably wouldn't work, men were strange creatures.
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Purple light erupted into life nearly the same moment he had lit the torch. It streaked across the cove with an unearthly howl before exploding next to him. Instinctively he crouched away from the explosion using his arm and the torch as a make shift shield. Small smoldering rocks struck him here and there as his hand rested on the handle of his long sword. His heart raced hard as he tried to bring his sight back under control. He waited a moment expecting a follow up attack but nothing happened.

He rose slowly his hand moving away from his weapon.

“ So, you 'are' still here. “ he yelled out to the dragon.

He set his pack down. He knew he would get nowhere this night. The sudden attack had been enough proof of that. He sat down wondering why he was even bothering, but even as he sat he knew the answer. He liked the dragon, he liked that it was so hard to approach and dangerous. It was annoying to try to help it, more annoying even than some of the villagers who hired him. More annoying than tripping and falling. Yet, that was what he liked about it.

He knew the food he brought would only end up in the pond and so he left it in his bag. He lay the torch on the ground and just sat silently for a while.

“ It must be pretty awful being trapped like this.” he commented even though he would not get any reply “ I suppose it wont be for long.”

He didn't really say anything else. He just sat watching the reflection of the torch on the water. His mind wandering but not really thinking of anything. Eventually the torch died and they were plunged back into darkness. He didn't mind though. He really didn't feel threatened. Had the dragon wanted to it could have easily struck him, so while it did not treasure his existence it was not in the mood to take his life.

He lay back and look up at the stars. Now that he was out here he felt much more calm than he had at home. Though as he thought of home he winced at the trouble he was sure to get into. Obviously it was worth it but he shuddered to think of what his punishment might be.

“ You really are a stubborn dragon.” he said aloud as he stared up at the sky. “ The most stubborn one I could have ever imagined finding. Of course I am no better. I am still here even though you warned me not to be with that burst of fire.”

Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Ice Whisper shied away at the mans shout, flattening her ears against her head and backing away. The man set his pack down, sitting down himself as well. He didn't seem to be doing anything, merely sitting there, thinking. Well, thinking and talking. He was going on about something, though Whisper didn't care to listen.

Then he went on to call her stubborn, as well as himself. She didn't care though. Maybe she was stubborn, but did it matter? No! He was human! His opinion of her didn't matter. Yet...maybe it did? No. She shot the thought down immediately, backtracking till her feet drew back onto the rock.

She eyed him carefully, settling back down onto the still-warm flat stone. She curled her tail around herself again. It was clear that the man was of no danger, well, at least at the moment he wasn't. He was still human. That made him dangerous-no matter what. Ice Whisper would never let him near her....right?

(Sorry, a tad short)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:11 am

Jackal lay looking up at the stars for a long time. He could hear the dragon moving about in the darkness but it didn't seem to be doing anything important. He laughed a little tom himself as he thought of the dragon and the way it had ached all of this time. Yes, for sure it was stubborn but it had never once actually done anything to harm him. He felt bad all of a sudden for keeping the food hidden when he had brought it for the dragon. Even knowing it would be wasted he didn't feel right not mentioning it.

“ I know we are not friends.” he said as he sat up “ But, I brought some more meat if you're hungry.”

he dug in his pack pulling out the half pork roast and sausages he had taken from home. He stood and placed the meat a small distance away thankful his eyes had finally adjusted to the dark. He really did not feel like taking an accidental swim.

“it's not much but it is what I could get.” he said as he sat back down “ try not to lose it in the pond this time ok.”

he lay back waiting for the tell tale splashing that would signal more wasted food. Yet, he smiled to himself grateful to even be having such an amazing and yet aggravating experience. This was like a dream come true he thought as he watched the stars again.

( sorry mine is short too :/ lol )
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 am

Ice Whisper glanced up, seeing the man digging in his pack. He said something about not being friends, meat, and hungry. He pulled out a few pieces of meat and placed them a short distance away from Whisper. She flicked her tail at him, letting a growl slip from her throat as he retreated. He lay back, appearing to be waiting for something after he said something else-about the meat and the pond.

She opened her eyes wide, glancing from the laid-back man to the chunks of meat lying on the ground. It would be a waste.... she thought to herself But, no. It's been touched by the humans. Which means I won't be touching it. With a huff of annoyance, she stood on her short legs and began to turn around. She settled down, with her back facing the man pointedly.

I won't be eating it! I simply won't, no matter how good it smells... Her stomach grumbled as the scent reached her, but she ignored it. The fish she'd had earlier seemed so far away.....No! I won't succumb to such levels! Disgusting. Glaring at the rock face in front of her, her ears swiveled around, listening for any sign that the man was moving.

(Ach, mine's short again >.<)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:32 am

A sudden thought struck him as he lay listening to the dragons breathing. he in a way hated the thought but could think of nothing better nor more risky. he would simply wait for the the dragon to fall to sleep and then he would bandage it up. he was already in trouble and so he reasoned waiting all night would not be a problem.

The only real problem was the dragon itself. it seemed to have keen senses even beyond those of the dragons he was used to. It was willful and stubborn and dangerous. It had so far not done anything specifically to harm him but he had also not pushed it very far.

He had so far kept a safe distance, and left when the dragon slept. Though he had been fired at, it was more a warning that he had chosen to ignore, and yet the dragon seemed fine with that. However this would be different. he would be close to it and most especially to it's wound. yet if he were careful enough and lucky he could do this and be gone before the dragon awoke.

he looked over in the direction of the meat. The dragon had not immediately cast it aside, so perhaps it was saving it for later. He took that as a good sign, and rolled over on his other side so that he could pretend to fall to sleep.

( haha don't worry it may be short but it is very awesome....omg ice is being so cute i could die i would totally train her in rl )
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:24 pm

(Noooo she sha'nt be trained!!)

Ice Whisper snorted in her annoyance, shifting about in her comfortably heated stone. The man appeared not to be doing anything, though Whisper paid no mind. She sensed his eyes shifting before the sound of movement told her he had rolled over. She didn't care. He could do whatever he wanted, as long as he left her alone.

She figured he was taking a nap, Can't imagine why or how though. She though to herself, shifting herself around to get a bit more comfortable. Her tail flicked, and she grumbled in pain as she forgot about her injury. It was easy to remember the man off to the side, yet so difficult to forget her injured tail.

Ice felt her eyes closing before she shook her head and snapped them open again. She would not be falling asleep while the man was here. Instead she curled up tighter, letting the unhurt part of her tail cover her nose. Her eyes gleamed in the moonlight, the blue shining like ice and the green glittering like emeralds. She blinked a few times as a shiver passed down her spine.

(Again, sorta short :/ sorry)
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 9:36 am

Jackal waited for what felt like forever listening to the dragon shifting around and settling in for the night. He laid as still as he could, and breathed as evenly as he could. He waited in the dark for as long as he could, but not seeing much of the sky , nor having much of a means to tell time he really didn't know for how long. All he did know was that he could no longer stand to just lay still. His whole body felt restless. His nerves were on end knowing just how dangerous his plan was.

In a way he felt like an invader. He was violating the dragon's personal space, and no matter the reason he was still doing something he felt was wrong. His heart sank thinking of it. He let out a loud sigh knowing he would never do something like that to anyone. He sat up fully dissatisfied with himself.

He gathered up his bag and his sword, but he left the meat laying where it was. He looked over to where the dragon lay presumably sleeping.

“ See you tomorrow.” he whispered “ Maybe by then you will lose a little of your stubbornness....i doubt it though. “

he smiled to himself as he walked over to his rope.

" Take care of yourself." he whispered before climbing out of the cove.

Once at the top he took a last look down to where he knew the dragon to be. Then he began the long trek home.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Ice Whisper's head snapped up when the man moved. He whispered, implying that he was leaving yet would return. Whisper stood, turning around to watch as he climbed out of the cove with the rope once more. She curled her lip, "Good riddance," she snorted. At least he was gone, now she could get some much needed sleep.

Once she was sure he was gone, Whisper settled down on the flat rock once more, after heating it of course. That was when a wonderful aroma filled her nostrils, and she looked up to see the meat, laying just where he had left it. Whisper licked her lips, staring at the delicious-looking food. With a growl, she turned around in defiance, trying hard to ignore it. But it just smelled so good......No! I can just catch fish from the lake! she snarled to herself, but couldn't help remembering how difficult that had been.

She flicked her tail up, holding it in front of her nose so she could see the damage. It still looked bad, and she yelped when she felt a stab of pain. Sighing, she stood, unfurling her wings. She looked to the right, then to the left before darting forwards towards the hunks of meat. Her eyes searched the cove and cliffs above, before she snatched them up in her teeth and slunk away back to the rock. She curled up, folding her wings against her body again.

Then she sunk her teeth into the larger piece, relishing in the taste. Her mouth hung open as she chewed and swallowed the food. That was when she remembered the manners of her species, and she coughed a few times, spitting out half of the meat. She pushed it off to the side before devouring the other pieces. She looked up once more at the cliff side, watching for the man. When she didn't see him, she let her eyes close.

She let herself bathe in the moon's soft glow for a few moments, before her mind drifted off into an uneasy sleep. She shifted about in her dream, ears and wings twitching randomly. But when she woke the next day, she couldn't quite remember what she'd been dreaming about.
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:02 am

Jackal made it home before his parents woke, and though he would find no trouble from them, he still had no time for rest. He bathed and made breakfast as he always did. He ate swiftly fueled by the adventure he had only hours before.

From here it was off to work in the fields tending sheep. The most boring of all of his jobs. However he was in high spirits and worked diligently through the morning in anticipation of that nights journey. Then in the afternoon weariness crept up on him. He lost two sheep to tired eyes and a foggy brain. It took hours to find them and then it turned out he had simply miscounted the flock. By the time he headed home he was exhausted and annoyed.

Dinner was agonizingly long and his parents fretted about his tiredness and groggy look. The forced a nasty homemade cure-all down his throat. They forced him to bathe and lay under a tons of blankets. He felt he would die as he waited for the tell tale signs of their rest. He was so tired by the time they fell to sleep that though he grabbed meat, medicine and everything he thought he would need, he plum forgot his weapons.

He darted through the trail as he had the night before. Once at the cove he tied off his rope and shimmied down fast as a squirrel. He landed a little more heavily than he thought he should and staggered a little. He reached for a torch only to realize he had left them with his weapons at home. He shook his head in annoyance.

“ Well, I have meat and medicine.” he said his voice laced with sleepiness and annoyance. “ But no damn light.”

he wandered over to a boulder and sat heavily. He dug the meat out leaving it in a pile at his feet before leaning back against the coves cliff wall.

“ If you have a mind to eat you will have to come over here.” He said “ I am too damn tired to fool around with it you know.”
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Ice Whisper stood slowly, shaking her head as she attempted to rid herself of sleep's cloud. Once her head cleared, she glanced around the sun filled clearing. Cliff sides still rose around her, and she let out a huff of annoyance. Why can't it just be a dream? She wondered angrily. Snorting, she padded to the edge and clawed in vain at the rocks.

Why do I bother? She scowled, swinging her tail around to stare at the damaged flap. Her nostrils flared in anger, and she roughly glared away. Sunlight spilled into the cove, bathing the lake in golden its golden rays. She noticed movement below the surfaced, and leaped happily to the edge of the water. She crouched down, waiting just outside of sight, keeping her shadow from falling over the edge. There! A silver fish flashed under the water, and Ice Whisper lashed out her paw, slapping the creature out. She killed it with a swift nip, and devoured it in a few ravenous bites.

Satisfied, her eyes roamed about her entrapment. They glared at the walls surrounding her, trapping her, keeping her from leaving. Why couldn't her stupid tail just heal already? Gah, it was all so ridiculous. And especially that man! He kept returning, every night. Why? He didn't even do anything, he just sort of...sat there. Sometimes offering food-that Ice refused to take. As she though this, she shook away the memory of chowing down on the meat he had brought last time.

With a blink, she snarled at herself. It was just food, she couldn't let it go to waste now could she? Shaking her head, she tottered back to the flat rock. Next to it sat the hunk of meat she'd coughed up the night before. Did it matter if she kept her manners? No, of course it didn't! Growling, she licked up the chunk and swallowed it. What if he doesn't come back tonight? Oh that would be splendid! She thought happily, settling down on the rock. But if he did come back, she didn't want to fall asleep. No, she would get rest now.

She let her eyes close, mind wandering awake. She curled her lips in a yawn, trying to get herself to fall asleep. Maybe if I just wait long enough I will she though, keeping her eyes closed. Finally, after what seemed like forever, she drifted off into a dreamless sleep. She lay completely still, only stirring once the moon hung high in the sky. At first she though it had been the light that disturbed her slumber, but it wasn't. No, it was a scrabbling from the top of the cliff, then a thump as someone landed. Grumbling to herself, Ice Whisper opened her eyes to glare at the man. He hadn't brought a torch this time, but that didn't hinder her vision. Ice Whisper could see him just fine in the slim light.

The Night Fury stood, watching him as he moved and talked. She listened this time, he sounded tired and annoyed. He was muttered about bringing meat and medicine but not a light. After sitting down at a boulder, he pulled out a hunk of meat and left it int a pile at his feet before speaking again. He declared that he was tired, and Ice Whisper parted her jaws in a strange laugh.

"Well I'm not coming to get it." She growled, sitting back on her haunches to watch the man. He certainly looked tired, why did he come at all? And what was this "medicine" He kept going on about? Ice Whisper didn't understand, and she didn't care. But...The scent of food drifted to her senses, forcing her to look closer at the pile of meat at his feet. No! her mind shouted, warning her back. But her feet carried her forwards, the fish from earlier seemed so far away now....Couldn't she just have a little? No! It's too close to him! Yet the scent drew her forwards, and soon she was only a few paces from the man. Her eyes flitted from the man to the food at his feet. Ice Whisper sat back again, head tilted as she watched him. Again, she wondered why he came here. He must have much better things to do than trek all the way from the village to the forest every night, especially when he looked dead on his feet. So why? Why was he here? Ice Whisper couldn't answer this.
Back to top Go down
shinigami3
Level 4
Level 4

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:54 am

He listened to the dragon's growl as he leaned back on the cliff wall. He looked down at the pond watching the reflection of the night sky in it's still surface. Every now and then he would hear the dragon shuffling about. Probably giving him dirty looks he thought to himself in annoyance. The dragon was even more stubborn and silly than his own mother.

He turned to look toward the noises and his eyes widened in surprise at seeing the dragon only a few meters from him. The surprise lasted only a few moments before he realized the dragon must be very hungry to approach so near. He kicked the meat closer to the dragon.

“ don't worry I am not trying to lure your stubborn butt over here. “ he said in a friendly but tired fashion. “ You have to be pretty hungry to have come this close.”

he sat forward in exhaustion and began to dig in his bag pulling out the herbs and poultices and bandages that constituted medicine in berk. He carefully opened them up in the darkness. He smiled thinking how his mom would explode in surprised rage if she knew he was using her stuff on a dragon of all things.

“ I bet your tail hurts a lot. “ he commented as he held out a rag containing a thick cream while continuing to lay out his things. “ this will make it not hurt but it has to be rubbed on which does hurt of course.

He lay it down where the scent would be carried over to the dragon.

he next held out bandages and a handful of herbs.

“ The cloth will keep the wound together and free from dirt so it will heal properly and so you don't bleed out. The herbs help you get better faster and prevent infection.” he commented as he looked at the dark shape of the dragon bathed as it was in moonlight.

Its two different colored eyes seemed to glow with light and intelligence while it's coloring made it seem to vanish before his very eyes. He rubbed his eyes and leaned back against the wall. He sighed deeply and looked up at the sky.

“ You are the most stubborn creature I have ever met.” he commented as he closed his burning tired eyes.

Within moments he was fast asleep, his body slowly sliding sideways until his head rested awkwardly against a tree root growing out of the side of the cliff wall. He breathed in evenly and comfortably as he slept. He dreamed of a very stubborn dragon refusing to share a piece of pie and pissing him off in the process.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Level 5
Level 5
Butterfly

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 am

Ice's lip curled in suspicion when the man moved, and she stepped back a few paces instinctively. He spoke, his voice carrying over the wind softly. He sounded tired, as if he hadn't slept in a long time. Ice Whisper's head tilted curiously, her brow furrowing in confusion. What is this guy's point? Why does he keep coming here, he must be losing a lot of sleep.

A growl rose in her throat when he moved again, placing "herbs" and "cloth" out on the ground next to the meat. The sickly sweet perfume of the plants wafted through the air, tickling Ice's nose. She shrunk back again, her eyes sticking stubbornly to the man's face, waiting, watching. He leaned back against the rock again, his eyes closing. It wasn't long till he appeared fast asleep, though Ice wasn't sure. She waited a few moments, to see if he would move. When he didn't, she rose a foot and stepped forward.

Ears laid back, she cautiously stalked closer until she could snatch the meat away. She whipped around so her back faced the man, and chowed down on the hunk. She was so hungry! She should have been able to catch her own food, but the fish had all hid away in the middle of the pond. Flightless, she had been unable to catch them by hovering over the lake. It was just so frustrating! Her tail lashed in the air as she ate ravenously. When she finished, she licked her lips clean and her teeth receded back into her gums. Her eyes shifted, as though she suddenly remembered the man's presence. She turned around quickly, watching him again as she backed away into the shadows.

(sorry! sorry sorry sorry sorry! I know I've taken a long time to post, so many reasons that I'd rather not get into. Sorry! Plus it's kinda short..... >.<)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ice's Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice's Failure   Ice's Failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice's Failure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
How to Train Your Dragon :: Isle of Berk :: Raven Point-
Jump to: